Employment in Phoenix, AZ
Teacher Salary Increases
For the 2018-2019 school year, Pointe Schools adjusted the annual salary for first year certified teachers from $34,500 to $39,000. In addition to all returning teachers receiving a 10% annual salary increase, returning teacher salaries were increased to reflect the new starting pay. For example, a teacher who just completed their first year at $34,500 made $39,800 for the 2018-2019 school year – a 15.36% increase.
- 2020-2021 Average Teacher Salary: $45,462
(1.2% increase from prior year = -$585)
- 2019-2020 Average Teacher Salary: $44,877
(4.3% increase from prior year = $1,907)
- 2018-2019 Average Teacher Salary: $42,930
(9.1% increase from prior year = $3,901)
- 2017-2018 Average Teacher Salary: 39,029
- Average Teacher Salary 2-5 years: $41,780.00
- Average Teacher Salary 6-9 years: $47,297.94
- Average Teacher Salary 10+ years: $51,138.08
Arizona State Retirement
Because Charter Schools are not required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), comparing teacher salaries can often be similar to comparing apples to oranges. Unlike many Charter Organizations who do not participate in ASRS, Pointe Schools matches the 11.64% employee contribution to retirement. That means a first year certified teacher making $39,000 receives an additional $4,539.60 in ASRS contribution for a total annual compensation of $43,539.60.